Macayla Video

Friday, January 15, 2010

Long Week

This has been a very long week. Since the 7.0 earthquake that demolished Port au Prince, Haiti, Jeff and the Agape Flights staff have been working non stop. Jeff has been coming home most of the nights around 9 and 10, and tonight it looks like 12 with working on the weekends. Even after coming home he has been on the phone until 11:30. This week, I have been so proud of my husband who works so hard, and is such an valuable asset to Agape. I have been sick all week so it has made it a little harder to have the kids the whole day. But when I think of everything that these missionaries are going through, my week has been nothing compared to theirs.



Our missionaries have been so heavy on my mind this week. I wish that I could do more to help them. But then today I took the kids to Agape Flights because they haven't seen Jeff since Tues. Seeing all of the effort that Agape is putting in to help our missionaries was amazing. Volunteers and staff were everywhere answering phones, organizing supplies, building pallets of items, loading a container full of supplies. It was an awesome sight. We are always a comfort to our missionaries on a daily basis, but when it really matters to be there for them we even work harder sacrificing our time to help them. We do whatever it takes to be the lifeline to these missionaries. I wish you could have seen what I saw today at Agape Flights. So many people working together to show the people of Haiti that they are not forgotten and that God loves them. The most awesome thing is that when all of the relief supply stops from everywhere else, we will still be there helping them. I guess today God showed me again how awesome that the job that He called Jeff and I to do is. It is an honor to serve our missionaries. It is a privilege to work this hard to help them. So please continue to pray for the staff that they will not become weary, because it will be a long process to build Haiti again. Pray for the safety of our missionaries as there is sure to be riots of people trying to get the supplies. Pray for the missionaries that we have not heard from yet saying they are safe. Pray, pray!

No comments: